Schuchart/Dow is a high-end builder that started in Seattle, WA in 2004 and now our talented teams can be found throughout WA, CA, HI, CO, and NY. We focus on one-off projects like cutting-edge, innovative new construction, challenging remodels and additions as well as home service – all of which require exacting work with impeccable attention to detail. The culture at Schuchart/Dow is one of care. Care for our people, care for our clients, care for the craftsmen we partner with - all resulting in care for the incredible designs we bring to life. While our employees’ skill level and experience vary from entry level to mastery, all share an inspiring work ethic and passion for the build.
The service superintendent position is a unique role that requires a positive, solution-oriented individual with the right combination of experience and skill. Candidates must have highly technical carpentry skills, the ability to manage small projects and the willingness to do routine, less glamorous maintenance. You may be on several sites throughout the day performing a wide range of tasks from fixing leaky faucets, replacing hardware and fixtures, to minor plaster or drywall repair, interior and exterior trim work, and finish carpentry. The position offers an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, often autonomously, while relying on your well-developed problem-solving skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform regular walkthroughs and routine preventive maintenance to ensure that our clients' homes continue to run smoothly and building systems operate efficiently
- Develop basic diagnostic skills to evaluate proper operation of mechanical and electrical systems
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems to determine the best way to correct them
- Ability to run all scopes of a small project (ie. estimation, mobilization, production, demobilization and billing)
- Desire to work on multiple sites doing various task throughout the day (depending on the client, some concierge type duties may be a part of your role)
- Coordinate subcontractor scheduling and oversee subcontractor warranty work and regular repair
- Communicate clearly, consistently and professionally with clients, client representatives, subcontractors and Schuchart/Dow team and provide excellent customer service
- Maintain accurate and organized records of service work and expenses to ensure accurate billing
- Respond quickly to urgent system issue calls
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years construction-trade experience and Journeyman-level carpentry skills
- Possess working knowledge of the following building methods and construction practices:
- All phases of carpentry -- both rough and finish
- Land survey/building layout
- HVAC and electrical systems
- Plumbing systems - capable of repairs to plumbing lines and fixtures
- Low voltage systems
- GWB repair, patching, and finish
- Painting to the standards of PDCA
- Drainage systems maintenance
- Building envelope/ weatherization systems and the ability to detect and repair damage
- Care and maintenance of flooring surfaces (hardwood, stone, tile, linoleum, vinyl, etc.)
- Own and maintain standard service tools (company vehicle, cell phone and laptop will be provided)
- Ability to lift and handle typical building materials and work in tight or high places (ie. scaffolding, roofs, crawlspaces)
- Ingenuity, thorough technical knowledge, and familiarity working with both traditional and non-traditional materials and finishes
- Proficient in reading and interpreting construction contract documents
- Ability to work independently and make sound judgement calls
- Ability to work in and around Seattle, as well as stay overnight on the San Juan islands to complete work
- Long work days are occasionally required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Motivated, dependable, and ethical with good, old-fashioned manners
- Must be able to pass criminal background check (ie. clean driving record and valid driver's license)
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay Commensurate with Skills and Experience
- 100% paid Medical and Basic Life Insurance
- Cost-shared, affordable Dental and Vision coverage
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer profit sharing contributions
Learn more about our incredible people and projects by visiting www.schuchartdow.com/
Why Work with Schuchart/Dow?
We are a fun, easygoing bunch of professionals who take a lot of pride in the work we do. We acknowledge the contributions and talents of our biggest asset (our team members!) by providing recognition, on the job training and opportunities for advancement. We're looking for someone with a high-level of integrity, who shares our values as a business.
Schuchart/Dow is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity within our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you feel that your experience would be a good match for this position, please complete the application steps below and upload your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!